How To Use Mycryo to Temper Couverture Chocolate
Here is the simple explanation:
- Melt the chocolate carefully in microwave or double boiler to 110-115° F
- Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature to 93°F for dark or 92°F for white chocolate.
- Add 1% of Mycryo (by weight). For one pound of chocolate, that would be 4.5 grams or about ⅛ oz.
- Mix gently but thoroughly with a rubber spatula, or use an immersion blender to combine.
- The chocolate should develop a beautiful sheen and create a v when dropped from the spatula.
- Keep the tempered chocolate between 89 and 92°F; test the temper by laying out a thin string. It should set up evenly within a few minutes.
- To maintain temper for a longer time, hold the chocolate between 88 and 90°
for more details and pictures, go to the Callebaut website: http://www.callebaut.com/uken/techniques/tempering/tempering-with-mycryosupsup